The citizens of India celebrate Republic Day of India on 26 January every year. However, this day is declared as a government holiday all over the country. While many people will have many questions related to it like what is Republic Day?. And why is it celebrated? And how Republic Day celebrated. In this article you will get answers to these important questions related to Republic Day of India.
Why Indian celebrated Republic Day ? And why the day of January 26 chosen for this?
The Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 26 November 1949. On 26 January 1950, the Constitution of India came into force throughout the country. And on this occasion, Republic Day is celebrated every year. While 26 January was chosen as the day. Because on 26 January 1929 against the slavery of the British. The Congress had passed the resolution of Purna Swaraj in Parliament.
Republic Day of India
Whereas apparently on 26 January 1950 at 10.18 am, India became a republic. However, six minutes later, at 10.24 pm, Rajendra Prasad was sworn in as the first President of India. For this reason, for the first time on this day, as President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad sat on the buggy. And they left Rashtrapati Bhavan. On this day, for the first time he took the salute of the Indian military force. And especially for the first time, he was given the Guard of Honor.
India to become a fully independent republic. The Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 26 November 1949. While its important point is that Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad etc. was a prominent member of this Constituent Assembly.
The constitution of our country was written under the leadership of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar. And finally, it took 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to write the Constitution of India.
Please tell that keeping in mind the full Swaraj Day (26 January 1930). The Indian Constitution was enacted on 26 January. Due to which the present President of India hoists the tricolor on the occasion of Republic Day. Also, it is saluted with 21 guns every year.
The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly began on Monday 9 December 1946 at 11 am. It had 210 members present. At the meeting of the Constituent Assembly on 11 December 1946. Dr. Rajendraprasad was elected Permanent Speaker, who held this position till the end. Let us also know what constitution is?
What is Constitution?
The rules laid down by a country or institution through which that country or institution can operate smoothly. It is called the constitution of that country or institution. The constitution of any country is a basic structure to protect the political system, the judicial system, the interests of the citizens. Through which the direction of development of that nation is determined.
Now let’s briefly know what the difference? On Republic Day and Independence Day.
Republic Day celebrated because India became a Republic on this day. And when the Constitution of India came into force on Republic Day. Also on Independence Day, India got independence from the long slavery of the English. As a result, Independence Day is observed in India on 15 August every year. And 26 January is celebrated as Republic Day.
Which Republic Day are we celebrating in the year 2021?
India celebrated its first Republic Day on 26 January 1950. And according to this, the 72nd Republic Day is being celebrated in 2021. Because the Constitution of India came into force on this day. Due to this, Republic Day is a public holiday across India.
On 13 December 1946, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru presented the purpose of the Constitution in the Resolution House. Which was passed on 22 January 1947. And some of its main points are as follows.
1. India will be a fully sovereign republic. Who will make their constitution?
2. Union of India will cover all such areas. Which are currently in British India or in princely states. Or outside these two, there are regions that want to join the Union of Sovereign India.
3. The basic source of power in the Union of India and its units will be the people themselves.
4. Social, economic and political justice, status, opportunity to the citizens of India. And equality of laws, ideas, speech, beliefs, trade, union building. And freedom of work will be achieved under law and public morality.
5. Proper arrangements will be made to protect the interests of minorities, backward castes and tribal castes.
6. Residual powers will remain with the units.
7. On 26 January 1950, the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, after the 21-gun salute. He hoisted the Indian national flag and announced the historic birth of the Indian Republic. 894 days after getting rid of British rule, our country became an independent state. Since then, every year, Republic Day is celebrated with pride and gaiety throughout the country.
Republic Day of India
Republic Day is a national festival for the citizens of India. without a doubt
How India became a republic and even faced many problems. One of the world’s largest democracies has emerged.
If you liked this article, please share it with more people. Thank you.